View Single Post
Old September 8 2012, 12:31 PM   #20
The Castellan
Commodore

Send a message via Yahoo to The Castellan
Re: Episode a Week: Lonely Among Us

captrek wrote: View Post
The Castellan wrote: View Post
Our heroes spend a lot of time talking about how superior they are to the aliens and 20th-century humans, when all theyíre really demonstrating is a complete failure to appreciate the challenges faced by these supposedly inferior beings.
Well, they are superior to 20th and 21st century humans, since I don't recall too many fucking each other over in the name of profit and percentages.
There is little motive to fuck others over in the name of profit and percentages when all material needs and desires can easily be satisfied with a word to the replicator. Itís not moral superiority, itís just good fortune.

Not really, I don't go around screwing people over, even it if made me a millionare. Dunno why some folks find such a concept of humanity actually being better such a bad thing.....one of those things I quite like about Trek, especially TNG. If you wanna see folks screw over other folks for profit, go watch all the Aliens films.
The meaning of the apocalypse is the opposite of what most people think. It does not mean the end of the world; it means the revealing of hidden secrets and the beginning of a heaven on earth. The apocalypse is starting now.
The Castellan is offline   Reply With Quote