View Single Post
Old September 7 2012, 07:23 PM   #110
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

BillJ wrote: View Post
I'd rather see Contagion and The Royale myself.
I'll admit Royale's corny jokes are the kind of thing that'd get killer reactions in a good audience... but I'm good with the Borg and Data's rights.

(And yes "Contagion" is fun.)

Warped9 wrote: View Post
I'm looking forward to Season 2. Last night I finished with S1 and it was worth it.

In this respect I like TNG-R much better than TOS-R (and everyone knows TOS rules for me). Indeed in general I don't like TOS-R. I like TNG-R because it enhanced what was already there. The fixes were minor tweaks rather than wholesale changes. It is what it has always been only with improved colour and clarity.
I'd agree with that, and I don't even have a problem with TOS-R's CGI - I'm just more interested in what TNG-R is doing.

davejames wrote: View Post
While I still find this season a miss, it is an improvement in my view. The writing is a little sharper, the acting is better, the characters more defined, and the production is overall sharper (as it should get after its first year).
I'd argue that there are episodes in TNG's second season that can be considered among the best of the show's run. That's more than I could say for any episode of the first season, and I am fond of that year.

KNH wrote: View Post
I think he's referring to the, uh, supernatural sexual relief aid in book form that is currently trying to follow in Twilight's footsteps.
Well, that was the joke, wanting to see an adaption of the popular erotic novel and getting fifty showings of the Star Trek clip show episode.

Last edited by Kegg; September 8 2012 at 12:45 AM.
Kegg is offline   Reply With Quote