View Single Post
Old September 7 2012, 05:46 PM   #437
Green Lantern
Fleet Captain

Re: 7X01 Asylum Of The Daleks (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

chardman wrote: View Post
Green Lantern wrote: View Post
Steve Mollmann wrote: View Post
Did the Daleks manage to exterminate anyone during this episode? I'm trying to think of an example, but I can't-- everyone dead was dead before it began!
No one has been exterminated since Moffat came in. NOW DO YOU ALL SEE THE PROBLEM WITH MOFFAT?
NO! I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT, AND GIVEN THE STORIES THE DALEKS HAVE APPEARED IN, THE LACK OF EXTERMINATIONS IS TOTALLY APPROPRIATE.

(So one of the things that you dislike about Moffat-Who is that there aren't enough people being brutally killed? Seriously? Wow...Classy.)
One of the many things, yes. Look, it's a dr who tradtiion to get exterminated. It's like the dr never using his sonic screwdriver or him bragging about he has a tardis, but never uses it.
Turbo wrote: View Post
Did the Daleks manage to exterminate anyone during this episode? I'm trying to think of an example, but I can't-- everyone dead was dead before it began!
No one has been exterminated since Moffat came in. NOW DO YOU ALL SEE THE PROBLEM WITH MOFFAT?
Yes, we've established in another thread that you seem to be all about the blood and guts. Personally, I much prefer the psychological approach to horror which Moffat used here. Much scarier than some nut jumping out at you with an ax. (And we always have the Cybermen for that anyways. )

EDIT: Unless of course you're joking. I still can't tell.
Not joking. As I said up there, it's a dr who tradition.
Ghost Bones wrote: View Post
But then, Doctor Who is a British show for primarily British people, whose understanding of a parliament will be a democratically elected body. And the Chinese wouldn't be calling it a parliament either, because they are chinese.
That's incredibly ethnocentric for a discussion of a show about exploring the universe hosted on a forum created thanks to a show featuring infinite diversity in infinite combinations.

Emh wrote: View Post
One side thought: I loved the reference to Barbara when we see The Doctor through the Dalek's eyestalk and he throws his arms all around the door frame.
I completely missed that reference! Awesome.
Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
If this is a problem, then I don't want to be well. The show is great.
The show is bellow average.
Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote