View Single Post
Old September 7 2012, 02:29 PM   #39
Mars
Captain

Re: Another "Wonder Woman" show now in early development

Chris3123 wrote: View Post
Being developed by CW.

Our sources say the new take on the comic book crime fighter is being written by Allan Heinberg (Grey's Anatomy, The O.C.) under the working title Amazon. Unlike past TV incarnations, it will focus on Wonder Woman as a young, budding superhero, rather than a fully formed defender of liberty. (Think Smallville, but instead of a "no tights, no flights" rule, this show might have a "no bracelets, no crown" mandate.)
It should be noted that CW is only developing a script at this point; no pilot production has been greenlit or even contractually guaranteed.
Link

Eh, I liked Smallville, but I'm not too fond of the concept in general. I think I'm beginning to appreciate David E. Kelley's WW a bit more now.
Wonder Woman didn't grow up in a small town in middle America, she grew up in Ancient Greece! Seems to me that a show about Wonder Woman's childhood would be a lot like "Xena: Warrior Princess" thus nothing new. Wonder Woman doesn't age for thousands of years during her stay on Paradise Island or Themyscara. That is the standard origin story. If they were going to do a small town story like Smallville, they should have picked Supergirl. I mean that character is ready made for high schools, with wonder woman, they'll have to reinvent her past to make it fit into the standard Smallville formula.

A show of similar merit would be "Thor" in his high school years before he picked up his hammer and became the god of Thunder, he starts out as an exchange student from Norway.

Last edited by Mars; September 7 2012 at 02:59 PM.
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote