View Single Post
Old September 7 2012, 08:03 AM   #8
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

1bulma1 wrote: View Post
My like for S/U came from the fact that Zack Quinto and Zoe Saldana where the actors and they are two of my favourites actors at the moment. Also the romance once done very well considering the fact that it was just a minor plot.

I have always said that S/U is very similar to the Aragorn and Arwen type of romance in the lord of the rings films where the couple get like 5-10 minutes on screen in a 3 hours film but we still get the whole story.

The S/U romance was not a cheesy , badly acted , unconvincing way over the top romance like anakin/padme from Star Wars or edward/bella from Twilight. it was about 2 believable people in a relationship, Which for star trek is how a romance should be.

However I only like S/U together in JJVerse alternate reality which is the 09 film and hopfully in the 2013 film.
That's a very good comparison. They never take over the film, but there's just enough for you to get what's being conveyed. It truly is a beautiful love story.

Nacluv wrote: View Post
I haven't seen the new movie yet, but I like them in the original series. The scenes in Charlie X are great..
Well, since you haven't seen them together in the film, here's my favorite fanvid of them.

Okay, well, embedding isn't working and uploading video isn't an option, so here's the link:

[Embedded now. - M']

I really hope they build on this in the next movie.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf

Last edited by M'Sharak; September 7 2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: to embed vid
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote