View Single Post
Old September 7 2012, 02:56 AM   #89
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Dream wrote: View Post
No way they will be showing the top 2 episodes of the season! They want people to get the Blu-Ray to get the good stuff. Maybe one of those episodes, but I can't see them showing both.
Oh come on. These Blu-rays are presumably targeting people who have seen TNG's second season before, probably own it in a previous release. They'd be more than willing to shell out the cash for the episodes on Blu-ray after seeing them on the big screen, and the big screen airing is a bonus. So it comes down to what episodes would be best served, and two fan favourites - especially in an uneven season - seem a no-brainer.

I'd also expect the extended version of "Measure of a Man" to be the episode shown, as Trekker expects. I wonder - and vaguely hope - if it'll air in Europe at all. I caught "The Menagerie" on the big screen here in Dublin back when the TOS blu-rays were being advertised, and that was quite an experience (there's something about seeing an episode you've seen a hundred times with a big theater audience, laughing uproariously at some of the jokes and so on).

Oh, and I may as well project now: If they do this for season three (and why not?) it'll be "Yesterday's Enterprise" and "The Best of Both Worlds Part I". There's the most obvious two picks imaginable.

Last edited by Kegg; September 7 2012 at 03:11 AM.
Kegg is offline   Reply With Quote