View Single Post
Old September 7 2012, 01:47 AM   #28
Methos
Fleet Captain

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: Another "Wonder Woman" show now in early development

To be fair though, DC / Warners, pretty much... well, they suck at Superhero movies...

As much as it pains me to admit it, they do...

Aside from the Batman Begins movies, I don't actually think there's been a solid superhero movie from DC / WB in the past 20 years...

lets have a quick rundown...

1995 Batman Forever - atrocious

1997 Batman & Robin - pathetic and laughable

1997 Steel - wtf lmao

2004 Catwoman - I won't even dignify that as being even remotely based on the character in question.

2005 Batman Begins - Ok, so they got one right lol

2005 Constantine - Aside from character names, there isn't even a single connection between the movie and the actual comics... characters are so different it's laughable that DC/WB could even comprehend them being 'based on' the comics.

2005 V for Vendetta - Just laughable

2006 Superman Returns - Wasn't overly terrible, but a far cry from what it could have been...

2008 The Dark Knight - reasonable... 6/10 I say...

2009 Watchmen - OK, best from DC / WB so far

2010 Jonah Hex - pft... lmao... not sure what was worse in this one, the script or the acting... pathetic...

2011 Green Lantern - So laughable, even long time Green Lantern fans avoided this one like the plague

2012 The Dark Knight Rises - 7/10... pretty decent for a Batman movie...

So in the past 20 years, DC/WB have managed to do 3, maybe 4, decent Superhero movies that actually stuck to the original characters and remained true to the writing... that's a pretty abysmal batting average for anyone, let alone a major company like DC/WB...

M