View Single Post
Old September 7 2012, 12:01 AM   #904
Vektor
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Ship Polaris

So, for whatever reason, my health situation has taken another 180 degree turn and dramatically improved over the last few days. I still don't have a definitive diagnosis, but it's looking more and more like a vagus nerve disorder triggered by acid reflux. Dietary changes and more regular eating habits seem to finally be having an effect.

In the "really good news" category, I had a meeting with my cardiologist today to go over the results of my echo cardiogram from a month ago, and the conclusion is that I have absolutely nothing wrong with my heart. In fact, my heart action is actually stronger than normal.

Tomorrow I'm getting an MRI to look for brain abnormalities like embolisms or tumors that might explain the ringing in my ears and occasional lightheadedness. It's entirely possible that those are an extension of the vagus nerve disorder, so I really don't expect them to find anything, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed regardless.

As for Polaris, things are moving forward again now that I'm not so distracted and just plain out of it. It's not going to be done this weekend, but next weekend is a possibility.

Stay tuned for more WIP images later tonight or tomorrow.

And thanks again to everyone for all the good vibes.