View Single Post
Old September 6 2012, 06:23 PM   #256
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Farscape or Babylon 5?

I took a bit of a break, but today I watched

Family Ties (Farscape) - This is the final episode of season 1, and it didn't disapoint. I enjoyed this episode from beginning to end. I was kind of surprised Rygel tried to betray them, not because it was out of character but because I didn't think he'd trust the peacekeepers to keep their bargain. All the alien heads in crais's office/quarters were creepy, I didn't think he'd be the kind of guy to take the heads of sentient aliens as trophies. Speaking of Crais, he was very interesting in this episode. First he fled his ship with Rygel looking for a safe haven, then he gave some info about the baby. Him taking off with the baby near the end was something I had guessed would happen, but it was still a good moment. There were so many great moments in this episode, especially between characters. Crais/John's conversation was good, even though I wonder about Crais's sincerity. John/D'Argo near the end was also great. I liked Aeryn and the pilots conversation, and her naming the baby. I also liked John talking to Moya to get her to starburst. The cliffhanger was effective because I want to see what happens next, even if I'm sure neither of them die.

Overall, I liked the first season. It had some horrible episodes (A Human Reaction, Jeremiah Chrichton) and after Chiana was introduced the show went through a rough patch, but it picked up near the end, and I'm interested in season 2. I probably won't be able to afford Season 2 until my birthday next month, but I do really want to get it. This show has so much going for it, like its awesome characters, and its awesome overall story (even if parts of it annoy me). I still get annoyed with Chiana, but I can handle it. I'm still not super excited for Scorpius, but I think I can see some potential for him to become meorable. I'm very glad I got this season, I think this show will go down as one of my favorite SciFi shows by the time I'm done with it, although I don't think it will dethrone Star Trek, Star Wars and Firefly as one of y top 3 SciFi franchies.

I have a bunch of babylon 5 episodes left to go, so I'll be posting about them as I watch them
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote