View Single Post
Old September 6 2012, 02:34 PM   #78
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: My Trek Through Enterprise: Season One

R. Star wrote: View Post
You're kinder than me about Aquisition... "Hey let's do a Ferengi episode." "But they weren't introduced to the Federation until TNG time." "Who cares about details, it'll be cool!"

And that sums up a lot of Enterprise at times. Of course it is perfectly concievable Archer just didn't keep records of random aliens who attacked his ship that Data couldn't have looked up a 100 years later. But then people get mad at me for saying he would be that incompitent.
Well, to be fair, I knew there were going to be issues on this front when I saw the TNG-era Klingons in the first episode, so...

Oasis... wasn't terribly inspiring, but nothing too bad about it either. I could poke fun at how ineffective future weapons are. Reed gets shot in this episode with no ill effect. This happens quite often in Trek, but this is countered by seeing Rene Auberjonois on screen again, which is always good.
I agree, sir.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote