View Single Post
Old September 6 2012, 02:24 PM   #8
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: Shatner Sued By Ex-employees

Dream wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Shatner is awesome and I have all of the respect in the world for him both as Kirk and as an actor (see: Boston Legal) but he's also a gigantic ego.
I know about this ego, but this is taking it way too far.

His ego is the reason why I don't want him in STXII.
I'll co-sign this. I think he did a great job in TOS, what I've seen of it, but I don't know about these new films...

teacake wrote: View Post
He's already in ST:XII. Kirk.. you can't have Kirk without the legacy of Shatner. Did you see the way Pine sat in that chair at the end of ST:XI? That was pure Shatner. He could drop dead tomorrow and he'll still be channeled.
I think I read somewhere that Pine said he didn't try to emulate Shatner because he couldn't and it would just come off cheesy if he did. I think that was a good move on his part. They seem both alike and particularly different enough for me. Shatner's Kirk was glossier, and he loved to use charm. Pine's Kirk reminds you more of a frat guy who uses his "moves" too.

I just didn't see the legacy of Shatner there, but then I'm not huge on TOS either.

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
Starkers wrote: View Post
So Shatner was so awful they worked for him for 20 years?
This.

I'm the first to pounce on tyrannical bosses and am all in favour of full rights for employees but they do seem to have taken a long time in deciding that this particular workplace was intolerable.
It could have been the straw that broke the camel's back. When you have a worker's comp issue, and your boss wants you to sign away your rights... I could see how that would be a problem, especially for an employee that faithfully served for 20 years.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote