View Single Post
Old September 5 2012, 04:17 PM   #920
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral

Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
My favorite air superiority fighter aircraft, hands down.
Mine too. Though I think those might be Strike Eagles. Hard to tell.

I do have to give props to the Sokhoi's though. Having seen both the Chakra and Cobra performed live, I have to see they really are an amazing spectacle and pretty much beyond the capabilities of the F-15C. Though, many would argue that flamboyant maneuvers are all the Su-27, 35, and 37 are good for. Non of them have really been battle tested, whereas the F-15 has been put through the wringer countless times.

The classic F/A-18 is and probably will always be (all around) my favorite jet-fighter--I'm not as big a fan of the Super Hornet. It's appearance is just so elegant and graceful. And while it never got the chance to prove itself as an interceptor, it was probably the most effective attacker, next to the A-10, in both Iraq wars--even more-so than the F-117 IMO.

And my only real qualms about the Super Hornet are because I think it lost most of that "elegance and grace" with the redesign. Have to say though, the Growler if pretty epic. I never gave much credence to electronic support attackers because I thought it was a job best left to AWACS, but that thing makes a really strong argument.

Anyways, sorry for the tangent. Back to wallpaper!