View Single Post
Old September 5 2012, 01:59 AM   #9
Christopher
Writer

Re: Two new Star Trek Series might be coming to the small screen.

Dukhat wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
But Michael Dorn has been in nearly three hundred episodes of Trek and four movies. It's time he find a different acting gig.
That's the problem. I think I can count on one hand the number of Trek actors from TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT combined who have had successful acting careers post-Trek. Without Worf, Dorn has nothing. Actually, he had nothing before Worf, as well.
That's not true at all. Before TNG, he had a supporting role on CHiPs for three seasons. And during and since his Trek years, he has had an extensive, highly successful career as a voice actor in animation, including Gargoyles (Coldstone), Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys (the main villain Nebula, opposite Babylon 5's Jerry Doyle as the title hero), Cow and Chicken and its spinoff I Am Weasel (as the title character of the latter), Superman: TAS (Kalibak and Steel), Justice League (Kalibak), Duck Dodgers (all the Martian robots), Ben 10 (Dr. Vicktor), The Super Hero Squad Show (Ronan the Accuser), and many others. He also played the US President in Heroes and currently has a recurring role as Beckett's therapist on Castle. He's had a very successful and prolific acting career; it's just been built more on his voice than his face.

I can't see him returning to Worf, though. On Castle he looks much older and much, much thinner than I remember him being, so I'm not sure he could convincingly play Worf anymore. (Unless it were an animated movie...)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote