View Single Post
Old September 5 2012, 12:43 AM   #52
Mr_Homn
Captain

Re: Locutus and Ben Sisko

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
^I thought it was fairly clear from their last scene together that he no longer felt about Picard as he previously had (and Anwar is quite correct, 'forgive' isn't the right word). It wasn't spelt out but I felt that it was inferred fairly clearly.
You're right, I kind of blanked out on that. It's obvious he doesn't hate Picard anymore.

Although, (and It's been a while since I've seen the episode) I'm not sure I took it the same way as you. I remember feeling the impression that he had gotten over it, and he had a new enthusiasm about his new job since it just got so much more interesting, but the fact that he didn't take a second to apologize, or even hint that he felt badly about what he said, made him seem a bit self centered and thoughtless imo..

I mean, he taunted and spoke down to a man for basically being raped and forced to commit mass murder against his friends and comrades for crying out loud... and now that he's all excited about his new posting, he's acting like "Hey don't worry about it dude, I forgive YOU for being raped..." Sorry but I think he should have been a bit more ashamed about how he acted towards Picard. Not to mention a Captain, which made him his superior officer.

From what I remember, at the end, he sort of just acted all happy and enthusiastic, but didn't indicate in any way whatsoever that he felt bad about how he behaved earlier. Sure, he shook his hand, indicating he may have respect for him now, as if Picard needed it, but he owed him an apology. Of course Picard wouldn't demand or expect one because he's a classy guy. I'll have to check it out again to be sure though. It's been a while and I've been wanting to revisit it anyway.

Last edited by Mr_Homn; September 5 2012 at 01:01 AM.
Mr_Homn is offline   Reply With Quote