View Single Post
Old September 4 2012, 10:04 PM   #4
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Re: Pine: Star Trek 2 Threat

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
Chris Pine wrote:
Pine doesn’t know about any plans for Star Trek 3, but he assumes there will be one. “Knowing these guys, there’s always a way to make some more installments,” he said. “I’m sure they’ve built-in something, I’m just not smart enough to have seen it! But I’m sure there’s a way. What I do know from the start, in terms of structure, they’ve had an idea of where they want to take the whole thing, just like a television series. I’m very excited about Part 2; when we finished shooting, everybody was [stoked].”
Sounds like Star Trek 2 is going to end quite definitively is Pine's having trouble seeing how they'll do a third film afterwards.

I keep thinking back to that shot of Scotty and Chekov dressed for what looks like a military funeral... I think our crew may be short a few members by the end of this film.
Would be interesting, because I don't expect them to do any serious changes to the formula. Killing off any of the TOS main characters in the second film after just having re-introduced them?
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote