View Single Post
Old September 4 2012, 08:59 PM   #23
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: This Side of Paradise question (spoiler)

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
emergencyfruit wrote: View Post
MarsWeeps wrote: View Post
I have to laugh at the spoiler tag in the title. Spoiler...for an episode that's 45 years old?
It was my first post on the forum. :P Better safe than sorry, no?
I don't have a problem with it.
Nor do I. As has been ably demonstrated by some of the posters on this board, there's very little respect for spoilerific information on sites like Facebook and even in threads on this board. I much prefer to err on the side of caution and always appreciate it when others do as well, no matter how old the film or tv show being discussed is.

I mean, the twist at Psycho is something that was ruined for me before I saw the film. That sucked. Alternatively, imagine something less important like the Yoda reveal in Empire Strikes Back or who Keyser Soze is in The Usual Suspects or the twist at the end of The Sixth Sense.

If I had my druthers, we'd always include spoiler tags for such things because there's just no way to know who has seen what by when, and frankly it's not all that much extra work to include in a post.

Your mileage may vary of course and I know there are those who disagree with me, but I stand by my opinion on this.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote