View Single Post
Old September 4 2012, 05:49 PM   #829
Mott the barber
Commodore

Re: The OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Season 1 Discussion Thread

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
Brikar99 wrote: View Post
And then they can give us all fangasms by having the cast do a table-read.

C'mon, CBS, make it happen.
I agree that would be beyond cool, but they're only going to be "breaking the story", which means sitting in a room and plotting out each act in broad strokes on dry erase boards and writing what is essentially a page and a half treatment (no dialogue).

Unfortunately for us (and fortunately for them!), these writers are still working in the industry and I doubt any of them would have the time to then go off and write a full teleplay for a show that has been off the air for 19 years (by the time the S4 set comes out). Even if one writer took the Teaser and Act One, one of the other three would be saddled with at least two acts (acts are roughly 8-12 pages each).

But back to your idea, there were several teleplays that were written but never shot. One I would particularly like to see read aloud was "Q Makes Two":

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Unde...es#Q_Makes_Two

Thanks for that link! I had heard of some of those undeveloped episodes but not nearly all of them. The cool part is I have many of the unauthorized books which they use as citing references.