View Single Post
Old September 4 2012, 02:37 PM   #1151
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post

I would say that Quentyn wins my personal award for most pointless POV.
Nah, that crown goes to Arys Oakheart.
Has one POV in which he does nothing but whine and then dies in a POV of another character. What was the point of that?

At first, I thought Aegon was a pretender, but now I am not so sure. Why would Varys want to put a fabulous fake on the throne? Most of what we have seen Varys do relates to him in some way scheming to put the descendents of Aerys on the throne. I don’t think he would put a fake on the throne ahead of Dany.
Based on the fact that the Golden Company was founded by Daemon Blackfyre, there is speculation that Aegon could be a descendant of him and Varys a Blackfyre loyalist.

Wyman Manderly wins my favorite secret badass award. I love that the Freys went missing on the way to Winterfell. He is loyal fat man and pretty good at being sneaky. And his line about it being a good thing that the Frey boy was dead because he would only grow up to be a Frey had me hooting out loud.
Aw, you missed the best part. The missing Freys were the pie that Manderly served at Winterfell. That's why he sings about the ratcook.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote