View Single Post
Old September 4 2012, 02:26 PM   #436
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 5

PKerr wrote: View Post
So there are a few things that I’m wondering about when it comes to Walt and crew and leaving loose ends.

First, how does the chemical process work for getting rid of “evidence”.
Does the process of getting rid of the bodies completely dissolve them or does it leave a vat of goo?
The reason I ask is they start a new barrel each time they want to get rid of someone, if it completely gets rid of them why start a new barrel every time?
Wouldn’t the large volume of purchasing that particular chemical raise some eyebrows somewhere?
They use hydrofluoric acid, which has numerous legitimate applications, so wouldn't be hard to come by if you sound like you're an industrial user of it (which Madrigal would be.)

That said, hydrofluoric acid is not capable of dissolving bodies. It is extremely dangerous and deadly if mishandled, but other than causing a lot of tissue damage, it doesn't do a lot to dead bodies--it certainly wouldn't liquefy them. To destroy a body, you'd need to oxidize it, using a base like sulfuric acid. HF is evil, evil stuff, but it doesn't do what the show indicates. I would suspect they deliberately mislead viewers on what chemicals do what to thwart the "let's try that at home" crowd, except anyone fucking around with HF is probably just going to wind up dead.

If it doesn’t how and where do they get rid of the goo?
If they are dumping down a drain wouldn’t the chemical that dissolves people and motorcycle parts also eventually dissolve the drain pipes as well?
They were sending the barrels off in Madrigal trucks, probably to a hazmat disposal facility.

Second, I know Walt and crew (actually more Walt than anyone else) felt the need to get rid of the 10 guys in prison and it needed to be done quickly but the way it was done in a two minute timeframe screamed conspiracy.
I would think that every type of law enforcement would be jumping all over that and Walt just created 30-40 new loose ends as each of the 10 guys had 3-4 people taking care of them.
True that the guys in prison only followed the orders of the white supremacist and his two buddies and they have no idea who Walt is BUT it only takes one of those 30-40 guys to point the finger at the white supremacist guys, plus the fact that that the authorities should be able to piece the connections together back to the white supremacist guys with that many piece of the puzzle left behind.
You're assuming the white supremacist guys even know who Walt is. If a guy shows you a fat wad of money and will pay you for offing some guys already in the joint, do you really want or need to know his name? Nope, just show me the Bennies.

With those guys obviously being in prison more times than once they are already in the system and should be easy enough to track down, once caught you know they are going to point the finger at Walt and possibly Todd.
Walt is going to have to get rid of the white supremacist guys, that will not sit too well with Todd so he will possibly have to get rid of Todd as well.
They can only point the finger if they have a name. Which they most likely don't.

Lastly, Lydia.
Why keep meeting her in the coffee house?
I get that she wanted a public place for the name exchange meet but why make it easier to get caught or raise suspicion by meeting weekly in such a small public place with regular patrons, employees and in store cameras?
Why use a woman’s handbag that anyone could easily see in?
No one would eventually find it strange that this woman walks in with the bag and Walt walks out with it? And if no one did why risk possibly videotaping that exchange?
Walt is a smart guy, why not use identical briefcases and meet in a park or mall if Lydia still doesn’t trust him enough to meet out in the desert or something?
I dunno, I kind of like the coffee house. Maybe it's the kind of place where nobody pays attention.

All I’m saying is with Walt seemingly wanting to tie up loose ends he seems like he is creating a lot more.
Nah. They're only loose ends if people can identify him. I think he's progressed to the point where he knows better.
"You are one of the most unpleasant individuals I have encountered on this forum. I have no respect for you, and I doubt I ever will, since you keep insisting on being a complete and utter ass." - Timewalker
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote