View Single Post
Old September 4 2012, 01:56 PM   #77
Nacluv
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Is Wrath of Khan Overrated

sonak wrote: View Post
Nacluv wrote: View Post
Not really, it's a fine movie. I just consider The Motion Picture to be comparatively more in style with TOS albeit kinda slow in the first quarter of the film.

TMP is in style with TOS? I've always thought it to be the least like TOS of any of the films. It's slow where TOS was fast-paced, cold where TOS was warm, it lacked the camaraderie of TOS, the characters were like different people, etc. I think Meyer was much better at knowing what made TOS tick. Trek is smart, fun space opera, not a boring 2001 retread.
Maybe more like TNG when I think about it. I find the theme of the opponent to be more like something you saw in a typical episode. The concept of a whole new, intricate lifeform whose intent turns out to be neither as malicious nor unconscious as you originally may have thought.

It was a very, very long time since I saw any of the movies though except for WOK which I saw 2 years ago so I'm not sure which one I like the best. To my knowledge, it could be IV because of the bus scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr82dZpCr48
Nacluv is offline   Reply With Quote