View Single Post
Old September 4 2012, 01:52 PM   #283
Mars
Captain

Re: Talk of Bryan Singer's BSG project resurfaces

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Mars wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Eh, as I said, it's not as extreme as SyFy Channel (6 to 9 months between the two halves of the Season), but, a 2 - 3 month break, is still a split season (Start in early Fall, take off 2 - 3 months and finish in Late Spring)
The SyFy channel has a strange way of airing reruns, what they do is hold marathons and have back to back episodes of a particular show within one or two days, kind of inconvenant for people that don't have all day to do nothing but watch television.
Not sure what that has to do with the Season splits?
I think SyFy has stretched the definition of a season. I have the whole series on DVD, and I bought each season half individually except for Season one and season three. I think the reason they do this is because each show has so much preproduction that they need some lead time to fully produce the shows, and they can't keep up with a weekly airtime schedule without large breaks in between to catch up.

The comment about reruns is just a complaint I have about the SyFy channel in general, they don't have a regular schedule, there is no time I can tune in and get the show I want to see. If I want to see reruns of Battlestar Galactica, I need to know which day they are running the marathon on and take the day off, or I have to tell people not to watch anything else while I am recording this all on DVR, and you know of course that DVRs drop the oldest shows recorded in order to record new shows when disk space runs out.