View Single Post
Old September 4 2012, 12:29 PM   #220
dispatcher812
Lieutenant Commander

Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

I had been waiting for this book since it was first mentioned. I enjoyed Ms. Beyer's last books and was hoping this would continue that trend. However when I finally sat down to start reading it, I was disappointed on page one. I have never liked books that involve Q let alone many of them. It gets confusing at times when you have multiple Qs talking and it says "says Q", "Q said" or "exclaimed Q " and they are referring to 3 different ones. Who said What? I like to picture the scene in my head and this just does not work for me.

Another thing that bothered me was Janeway being brought back. Now, I have no problem with her, its just that the way she was brought back and the reason she was brought back really did not make sense. She was sent to that time for a reason but I did not see what she really contributed to the solution. If all it took was for Eden and Junior to go into Omega together, then what was she needed for. Data being found in the wreckage of the Schimitar seems more plausible then this.
dispatcher812 is offline   Reply With Quote