View Single Post
Old September 4 2012, 02:11 AM   #213
CaptainDonovin
Fleet Captain

View CaptainDonovin's Twitter Profile
Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

While I'm not a fan of always finding a way to bring a character back from the great beyond, I did give this an 'outstanding' grade because there was enough here for me to give it such a high grade. Like someone several posts back noted, I would have liked more time to get to know these new crews, especially Bal Itak & Regina Farkas, two captains with a LOT of years in the center seat. Also was warming to Eden, the mysteriousness of her character was fun.

Despite that I always love a story where Q is involved. Not just Q, but Q, q, & Q. It was cool to have Amanda & Kes make an appearance. I like how the story played out, showing an softer side of Q I've not seen. The emotions Chakotay had seeing Katheryn back was a great moment, I've always Chakotay. I was briefly concerned that Chakotay was going to be another victim of this chapter of Treklits' latest murderous rampage.

Gotta cut this short (see avatar for reason) but I really enjoyed the book & hope there will be more Voyager to come.