View Single Post
Old September 3 2012, 11:11 PM   #418
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Re: Breaking Bad - Season 5

For a moment, I imagined Hank totally losing it over all the times Walt more or less admitted to what he was doing with Hank taking it to be a joke (e.g. the money bag when he moved out of the house), running out of the bathroom and just gunning Walt down.
The book thing was perhaps a little contrived but I knew that the scene at the swimming pool was way too peaceful not to end badly. I originally thought one of Walt's business partners was going to shoot up the place. For that matter, I don't think Walt's really out. I mean, I'm sure he wants to be but I'm also sure Lydia and the Phoenix gang won't just accept that. Maybe it's one of them he'll gun down in the end?
I liked how Walt came to see the futility of his business by Skylar showing him the pile of money they can never spend. Before that, we got to see how the cooking had just become another job for him with Todd. I also liked him and Jesse reminiscing about old times - all while Jesse suspected Walt might try something. That was really tense.

So, how long do we have to wait for the rest of the season?