View Single Post
Old September 3 2012, 09:17 PM   #47
foxhot
Fleet Captain

Re: Shia LaBeouf is done with blockbusters and will have real sex in m

I fell asleep at least 17 times on the first TRANSFORMERS, skipped the second and walked out of the theater at the third's halfway point. When Shia barked that he ''had to put up with a lot of s--t,'' I understood COMPLETELY. I tolerated WALL STREET 2, because at least Carey Mulligan and Michael Douglas were attempting good performances. As for the abominable INDIANA JONES AND THE CRYSTAL SKULL, Spielberg was no less atrocious than Shia. Still, to do three TRANSFORMERS plus INDY 4, and THEN to call out how crappy the films are is painfully obvious, hypocritical and a bit late.
Granted Gene Hackman and Burt Lancaster slammed THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE and AIRPORT after getting paychecks for their roles, so Shia's viewpoint is true, if not new. The
difference is, those two films were vastly better than INDY 4 or the TRANSFORMERS trilogy. If only an actor would speak out by refusing the role instead. The thing is, even Sean Penn, two-time actor winner, had to play a goofy stoner in a teen comedy to get future respectability. Would Penn play such a comedic part now? I doubt it.
foxhot is offline   Reply With Quote