View Single Post
Old September 3 2012, 08:33 PM   #206
Turbo
Vice Admiral

View Turbo's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Turbo
Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Christopher wrote: View Post
Newspaper Taxi wrote: View Post
(To be honest, I'd rather have the Full-Circle stuff have been the TV show. That would've been something to remember!)
What I would've liked to see happen in the show was for Janeway to track down the other AQ/BQ ships abducted by the Caretaker and form a convoy, rather than just going it alone. That could've been a lot richer -- and would've made better use of the Maquis element if there'd been a Cardassian ship in the mix.

Of course, they didn't do that because it would've been more expensive to shoot footage of multiple ships -- and perhaps because it would've been too reminiscent of the "ragtag, fugitive fleet" of Battlestar Galactica. But it could've been cool.
If only we could have a well-written novel which shows this possibility!

On a more serious note, I'm not sure that I would have preferred that plot so much as them actually using the plots and characters they set up at the beginning. Story arcs, actual interpersonal conflicts, supply shortages, etc. The only time I can remember them actually using the last one after Season 1 was in "Demon", and even then it was a silly contrived plot device.