View Single Post
Old September 3 2012, 08:30 PM   #415
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 5

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Wow.

So have we seen that copy of Leaves Of Grass before? I can never remember details from months or years back, so I googled around and found this on vulture:

I'm also annoyed by the book itself. I hauled out my DVDs from Seasons 3 and 4, trying to find a moment where Gale gives Walter an inscribed copy of Leaves of Grass, and I couldn't find one; maybe I overlooked it, and if so, I'm sure one of you will point me to the episode with exact timecode, because y'all are absolutely on-point that way, but this seems like a ret-con job to me. We saw Walt take a copy of Leaves of Grass out of a box at the start of this season, but I don't believe we ever saw Gale actually give him that particular book with that particular inscription, did we?
If I'm not mistaken, and I probably am, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the book the object at Gail's apartment that Walt (and Gus) needed to confiscate before the place was searched? Wasn't Victor the one who recovered the book (and was subsequently killed by Gus for being seen by the cops)? Or was that something else?
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote