View Single Post
Old September 3 2012, 12:52 AM   #74
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Re: Cabin in the Woods - Grading, Discussion, Spoilers

I saw this last night for the first time.

It was definitely clever and engaging, but overall a big WTF!?

How did Topher survive a machete in the back? His shirt didn't even have a hole in it when he came back...did he have time to change after trowling the zombie?

So, these gods....are they like the Titans or something? Why would they stay down there in exchange for a couple of grisly murders now and then?

What's the deal with the zombies running loose? I guess since those idiotic kids decided to let the world die rather than sacrifice themselves, it doesn't make any difference.

There were some great scenes (the motorcycle jump into the barrier, the celebration as the girl was getting mauled at the docks), and lots of potential.

I don't know. I was hoping to like it more. Maybe I need to watch it again to see what I missed. As it is, I gave it a "so-so".
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote