View Single Post
Old September 2 2012, 04:51 PM   #46
Green Lantern
Fleet Captain

Re: Is Wrath of Khan Overrated

BillJ wrote: View Post
Green Lantern wrote: View Post
Personaly, every TNG film tops any TOS film. Generations being my favourate.
Bias is a bad, bad thing. I love TNG, but the films are a putrid mess. Even First Contact fails simple logic. We have the Borg come all the way across the galaxy then go back in time or else we don't have a movie. If the Borg beam just five drones down to 21st century Earth, it falls PDQ and again we don't have a movie.
Bias is not a bad thing, it's what you do with it that matters
NrobbieC wrote: View Post
Green Lantern wrote: View Post
Personaly, every TNG film tops any TOS film.
Bias is a bad, bad thing. I love TNG, but the films are a putrid mess.
Ah, the pot and the kettle get along famously :P

I agree that every TNG film is so much better the TOS ones. I also feel every spin-off topples TOS.
I have seen them by the way so my opinions are based on something I'm not trying to flame anyone.
I don't actully like the TOS films that much, however I do enjoy the TOS series alot. Still prefer TNG though. I don't like Voyeger at all, and I've only seen one episode of enterprise 9don't like it0, and one and a half of DS9 (from what I can renember, I liked it.
NrobbieC wrote: View Post

I agree that every TNG film is so much better the TOS ones.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of movie goers disagree with you.
But.......HE'S GOT ME ON HIS SIDE!!!!!
teacake wrote: View Post
I consider Generations a TOS film.

Kirk is so freaking huge that he squashes the TNG stuff into tinsel.
No, Generations is more of a TNG film due to the basic fat that only Kirk and Scotty have memerable apearances, and Scottys was just a cameo. Really, Kirk was the onlt TOS member that is in it much, but he's not even in it for half the film, but most of the TNG cast are in the film alot, so that makes it a TNG film. The film also has more of a TNG feel in general.
Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote