View Single Post
Old September 2 2012, 12:25 AM   #52
Christopher
Writer

Re: Transphasic shields in the novels

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Well the survivability was with one ship against multiple Borg Cubes which is better than Starfleet ships would do in that situation seeing as one cube can take on a whole fleet.
I don't understand why this is even an argument. Yes, obviously the entire point of bringing back armor from the future is that it's a better defense than contemporary shielding. But "better" does not mean "absolutely impossible to defeat." It just means it gives them an advantage they didn't have before -- but, as is always the case with the Borg, that advantage only lasted until the Borg managed to adapt, because that is what they do.

Plus the Borg seemed to be throwing everything they had at Voyager so the fact that they survived more that .00000000000000000001 seconds in the situation kind of makes the armor sound impressive.
Again, sure, impressive, but not "God mode" undefeatable. That's my point. It's an edge, but only a temporary edge, like every other weapon you can use against the Borg.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote