View Single Post
Old September 1 2012, 03:23 PM   #184
Green Lantern
Captain

Re: 50TH Anniversary rumor

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Green Lantern wrote: View Post

I think the clone thing will be how they bring various doctors back, but answer me this. If they simply clonned them, why would they have to be older than their prime? After all, it'd be nothing to do with time or anything. Just coppys.
Well, its not that I'm attempting to fanfic or anything, it was just a possible alternative to the Timecrash aging effect.

One possibility is that the DNA sample they acquired was damaged, so just like Jurassic Park scientists, they had to fill in the damaged segments with genetic material from some other species. Perhaps it was part of someones experiment to bring back the Timelords?

Or we could just say screw it and bring back Tom or one of the others to play another character entirely?
While your explanation is good and sounds like something Moffat would do, I still think it would be a bit cheesy having an army of old men with big scarfs and hats. I say lets just renember the older actors as how they were, not how they are. Does not apply to Paul, Christiphor, David, Smith, or maybe not Silvestor because they've not ages as badly since their last time on screen. Would not enjoy them bringing ack Tom Baker to play say....Dave who gets killed at the end. Would not be so bad if they just used a younger actor to play various doctors like they did in the five doctors, but I wouldn't like that eigther.
Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote