View Single Post
Old September 1 2012, 05:17 AM   #49
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: DS9's growing popularity

DeepSpaceWine wrote:
[...] DS9 is not the failure or shunned black sheep people think it is. They think the sheep is black; it's not black, it's just standing in the shadow of TNG.
TNG had a rough start too because of its earlier seasons, or so I've heard. I've also heard that it really took off in season 4 and onward. Do you know why, or at least have an idea, this happened for TNG but not DS9 which had a wonderful season 3-6 (imo)? I like all of DS9's seasons, and I think season one of that series is much better than what I've seen (half) of season one of TNG. If it's standing in TNG's shadow, do you think it's just because it came later or might it be something else, like it being more serialized?

Also, in terms of critical acclaim, are you talking about just fans or professional reviewers/critics? From what I've read, Deep Space Nine tends to be the best rated Star Trek show by professional reviewers/critics.

Use of Time wrote: View Post
^On a side bar that last quote that says "Evy wrote" was actually my post earlier in this topic. Does anybody know why the name changed and what the hell is that "high risk merchant account" link all about?
I have no clue. I just hit quote and replied to the post.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote