View Single Post
Old August 31 2012, 05:16 PM   #1117
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

I understand that she is learning to be a real queen, but gods it does not stop it from being a tad tedious. It is probably being exacerbated by my cool feelings toward the character at this point in the books. I don’t hate her per se, but I don’t have a great deal of confidence in her abilities either.

I think at the heart of it my issue is this – She is going to invade Westeros and bring more bloodshed, because she feels she is the rightful monarch. However, she is also (as far as she knows) the last her of her line. At this point she has no hope of progeny.

Therefore, she may have the right, but her path seems to lead nowhere in terms of the kingdom. (Plus, every time she rags on Ned, she loses a point in my book. Rhaegar took the man’s sister. Her father strangled Brandon to death and burnt his father to a crisp. Ned would have been dead too if Jon Arryn had not told Aerys to stuff it.)

Jon's turn as Lord Commander is more interesting, but to be fair, he had Ned pounding lessons of being in charge into his head for years. I think Jon is erring in sending away all his friends. Maeaster Aemon and Sam are gone. He is now sending Pyp and Grenn away. Who is going to watch his back?

If I had to pick a king I would chose Stannis right now, but his allowing Melisandre to rip all other gods from the people will not end well I think. Plus, in the end I think Stannis’ decision to let the Wildlings beyond the Wall will bite Jon in the butt. The men of the Watch are grumbling…

If Jon is Rhaegar and Lyanna’s son, I say he will be TSOIAF. I hope he does not die though. Jon seems doomed to me.