View Single Post
Old August 29 2012, 09:59 PM   #43
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Re: Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D to ABC!

Christopher wrote: View Post
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Carol is more like Power Girl in power comparison.
Power Girl, Superman -- they're both Kryptonians, right? I'm talking about the type of powers -- superstrength, superspeed, invulnerability, flight, energy projection, really top-level heavy-hitter stuff that would cost a lot of money to do well and thus could be done far more effectively in a feature film than on weekly TV.
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I too would prefer to see Carol on the big screen Christopher ...it was merely a suggestion of who we could possibly see in the series, and at the very least in the pilot episode. We know Joss is fond of strong female characters and Carol certainly matches the bill...but I do think you're right that they should reserve her for "Avengers 2" or another film.
I'm still deciding whether this is feasible for TV, but what about Quasar? The character did originate as a SHIELD agent and got his quantum-bands from them.

His powers are basically the equivalent of a Green Lantern. The effects wouldn't quite require the same level of interaction with his environment as those of an overtly physical character. Might be easier to animate. Plus the powers might be severely limited, at least at first. Maybe the show could spend the first season with him in a lab. He's just investigating the quantum-bands to see what they do, but they could throw in some superheroic stuff now and then as he learns.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote