View Single Post
Old August 29 2012, 07:20 PM   #26
Christopher
Writer

Re: Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D to ABC!

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
I think it's almost certain that there will be somebody with superpowers in the main cast.
To an extent, maybe, but it seems to me the whole point of focusing on SHIELD is to allow for a show that doesn't rely too heavily on special effects. It seems to me that a lot of the characters/concepts that Marvel has been reported as developing for TV these past couple of years are designed to lean toward more conventional TV formats and away from the heavy superhero action/costumes/etc., like a Punisher project (that fell through), a Mockingbird series described by Jeph Loeb as "Alias meets Felicity," or AKA Jessica Jones (which also fell through), based on the Alias comic (no relation) about an ex-superheroine turned detective. There's also a Cloak and Dagger show on their development slate, which would involve a fair amount of special effects, but not a huge amount. The one thing they're developing for TV that involves a really top-level superpowered protagonist is Guillermo Del Toro's Incredible Hulk project. And even that's about a guy who's just a normal human a lot of the time.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote