View Single Post
Old August 29 2012, 07:06 PM   #2849
Rear Admiral
Gary7's Avatar
Location: Near Manhattan иии in an alternate reality
Re: Your latest purchases, cont.

trekkiedane wrote: View Post

I'm not sure it was legal to sell them to me as they're clearly marked "Flensburger" and therefore must be deposit-bottles from the brewery.

ETA: What are such bottles called in English? -around here they're called something like Patent-cork bottles.
There's a few breweries that have used this bottle design. Grolsch is one of them that comes to mind that still does. I've seen it called "flip top", and "EZ cap", but it looks to me like "swing top" is more commonly used.

I highly doubt you have anything to worry about legally. Micro breweries that use a bottle deposit system have the bottle cost in the price, which is credit back towards you next purchase when you return it.
Remembering Ensign Mallory.
Gary7 is offline   Reply With Quote