View Single Post
Old August 29 2012, 01:41 PM   #138
Jim Gamma
Rear Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Gamma
Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

OK, got it, read it, and... frankly I'm underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong - the story is tightly written, well-scripted, and thoroughly consistent internally and with the rest of Trek Lit. I liked the nods to canon and fanon throughout, and I loved what I took to be a commentary on what went wrong with the series of Voyager.

(I can't seem to get spoiler-code to work... any help?) (EDIT: Thanks Christopher!)

What I didn't like is the actual path taken by the characters, and this needs to be in spoiler code.

I loved most of the plot, and I can't wait to see where Ms Beyer is going next with this. I doubt Starfleet will just plop Janeway in charge of the fleet - from her perspective, she's just gone through the major trauma of assimilation, and she's got to deal with the loss of billions of people, as well as the fallout from this event. They'll want to put her through batteries of tests and counselling sessions before they let her anywhere near the centre chair... or at least, I would, if I were them.

One last thought...

Last edited by Jim Gamma; August 29 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Jim Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote