View Single Post
Old August 29 2012, 06:11 AM   #5029
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I have to admit...I'll be getting Justice League #12 tomorrow. I'm curious about this and it has a lot of potential if done right. I liked their paring in "Kingdom Come" and as mentioned in the article they've had an interesting romantic past.
Meh, I'll read spoilers for it. I just can't bring myself to pick up this book again until a new team takes it over.

I'm almost convinced that the tragic event that brings them together is the death of Hal Jordan. We know a Lantern will die in Green Lantern Annual tomorrow, and the end of Green Lantern #12 had Black Hand reading from the book of black that Hal Jordan will be the greatest Black Lantern. Unless of course, all these clues are one big fakeout. Right now, though, it looks like Hal's number is up, and the main Green Lantern title will be taken over by the new guy. That would actually be a pretty bold move for them only one year into their big reboot. It would also mean that Geoff Johns would have overseen the resurrection and second death of Hal, interestingly enough. Also, the fact that Van Schiver is doing the art on this one could potentially be another clue. Van Schiver drew Rebirth, and bringing him on to draw Annual #1 could be meant as bringing things full circle.

Of course, this is still speculation, and come tomorrow I could be proven completely wrong.