View Single Post
Old August 28 2012, 03:10 PM   #45
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: My Trek Through Enterprise: Season One

I liked Breaking the Ice. I dunno, just seemed like a "We're new to exploring space" kind of episode. The Q&A was very annoying, as was Trip's complaining about it. I get they'd be doing something like this, but honestly aiming it at ONE group of kids when you have schools all over the world who may want to watch this is rather short sighted.

The snowman was freaking awesome. As were it's pointed ears it suddenly grew. More Evil Vulcan Syndrome. You think it would be logical to understand that their standoffish behavior is offensive to humans and to tone back on it around them?

I was actually disapointed that Trip was the one who read T'Pol's plot device. This could have actually given Hoshi something to do beyond answer the phone. But this is the Archer/Trip/T'Pol show. Everyone else is just glorified extras.

Civilization.. this is an episode I literally had to try and watch three times before I made it through. When I got Netflix, I'd usually pop on a Trek episode for awhile when I went to bed and watch it. Man, this one has very good sleep inducing properties.

Primitive civilization, interference, moral crisis, evil plot behind it all yes these are all familar Trek elements. There's nothing "bad" about the episode, save that it's just all been done before and was thrown together in a rather uninspiring manner.