View Single Post
Old August 28 2012, 02:15 PM   #113
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Bill Nye: “Creationism is not Appropriate for Children”

gturner wrote: View Post
{ Emilia } wrote: View Post

This.
Some of the nonsense in this thread shows a serious lack of perspective. The whole creationism debate is a very American phenomenon.
Christians in other parts of the world do not reject science/evolution.

The idea that it is incompatible with faith is just ridiculous. Reasonable Christians do not take every single word in the bible literally. They interpret it. That book is several thousands of years old, written by people with a completely different understanding of the world.

While there are a lot more atheists in Europe than there are in the US I feel that Europe's atheist tendencies are often overstated here. We still have a lot of Christians here. The difference is we have a substantially lower number of batshit-crazy Christians.

Every single European Christian I know would laugh in the face of silly ideas like "young Earth". Evolution is a fact. Even the Vatican endorses it and the guys there speak for more than a billion of Christians.

Vatican endorses evolution.

Can this thread please lose the tunnel view of American fundamentalist crazies?
Europe has fewer Christian fundamentalists but millions of Muslim ones. Good luck with that.

One of the reasons Americans tend to be far more religious than Europeans is that we're closer to God, since he of course lives here.

It's well known that Kentucky coaches can phone God for half-time advice for just 25 cents because it's a local call.
I know you like to spam nonsense around here, but that is enough. Do it again, and it will be an infraction. Either contribute constructively to the thread or find something else to do.