View Single Post
Old August 28 2012, 01:32 PM   #1107
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

I was not sure about the whole Aunt G conversation. Her words did seem pregnant with subtext. On the face of it, I took it this way - Tyrion is Tywin's true son because of all of Tywin's spawn, only Tyrion has the old man's smarts and cunning.

At this point in the books, I don't recall any mention of Aerys being obsessed with Joanna. However, that may be in a chapter that I have yet to read, and subsequent POVs may change my mind.

I have a couple of questions:
1. When Jamie has that musician play for Edmure, Edmure seems horrified. Am I to assume it was the same musiciain that played out in the hall outside Edmure's bedroom as Cat and Robb were slaughtered?
2. In Jamie's POV - he thinks that Tyrion betrayed Cat too? How is that so? I don't recall Tyrion being complicit in any betrayl. By the time Jamie and Brienne made it to King's Landing to bring about her plan, Tyrion was already imprisoned and powerless. - Is Jamie thinking of Tyrion marrying Sansa and trapping her in a marriage she did not want? But to be fair to Tyrion, he was the only one protecting her and even Sansa acknowledged that he had saved her from Joff several times.

To again crow about Cersei's stupidity, how can she think the crown defaulting on their debts is a good thing? Not only is war and possible impending famine going to wreck the land, she is going to dry up liquid currency as well.

For some reason, I can see Tommen giving his royal mother Hell over Margaery. Perhaps I am wrong but that kid seems mega attached to his wife.