View Single Post
Old August 28 2012, 10:28 AM   #1106
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Speaking of questionable parentage, what about that bizarre scene between Jaime and his Aunt Genna before he went to talk to Blackfish at Riverrun?

Unless I missed the subtext going on, it seemed to me that she implied that Tyrion was the only true son of Tywin, not Jaime; further implying that maybe Jaime (and, by birth, Cersei as well) are not Tywin's offspring. Is her statement supposed to be more of a metaphor, in that Jaime is nothing like Tywin as a person (good or bad), or does she hold some secret about their origins? That one really confused me and there has been no mention of it since.
There is quite a bit of subtext suggesting that Aerys had his way with Joanna at least once.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote