View Single Post
Old August 28 2012, 08:53 AM   #102
Rear Admiral
Re: Bill Nye: “Creationism is not Appropriate for Children”

J. Allen wrote: View Post
A society built upon the foundations of critical thought, reason, and rationality, all of which are present in the sciences.
What did I say about overestimating the virtues of humanity.

Has it yet occurred to you that I may be an atheist?
Has it occurred to you that you are not paying attention.

No, because there will always be someone who will find themselves offended.
In the case of Dawkin, Harris, Hitchens and Randi, it's pretty specific.

Better food, safer energy, life saving medicines, higher standards of living, rapid innovation, worlds of discovery. Those aren't illusions.
Please, I provide medical care in an underprivileged area in the US. Don't talk to me about better food when there are no grocery stores or life saving medicines when no on has insurance. Like I said, things change but they don't get better.

Mainstream Christianity is usually dragged, kicking and screaming, into each new era.
But that's different then claiming Christianity is stagnant.

No one here has said they were. Again, you infer without addressing actual statements.
What they say is irrelevant. I understand human nature too well to care about people's stated belief. If that bothers you, too bad. (and I have being address your statements, if you don't like how I interpret them either clarify or stop being aggrieved)

I am doing no such thing. For all of your "knowledge", you seem to know very little about what is actually being said.
Has it ever occurred to you that I'm not addressing YOU specifically but trying to make a general point to the entire board. I quote you to reference those joining in.
This Space for Rent
Yminale is offline   Reply With Quote