View Single Post
Old August 28 2012, 07:30 AM   #147
Cmdr Ji Qi Ren
Ensign

Re: Exploring a darker theme in a future star trek series

[QUOTE=RandyS;6816740][QUOTE=The Castellan;6810338]
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post

Me too.

When the fans say they want the next series to have "repercussions", what they are really saying is wallowing in emotions. Doing that is not healthy and not good, and I will never see the attraction to it. I'm sure the Star Trek characters dealt with their emotions,such as Picard with his assimliation, we just never saw it. You're not supposed to do that in public anyway. That's for you alone in private.

Grieve, then pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move onto the next thing. That's what we saw in Star Trek, and that's how it should be in real life.
I kind of agree with those who are saying that Star Trek is unrealistic in this respect.
But on the other hand... look at some crime series where the investigators crack jokes while standing next to a dead body and it seems to affect them even less than anything affects the characters on Star Trek....... I don't know..... if you're standing right next to the corpse of a person who has been killed at close quarters rather than be blown up by a neat little phaser beam or photon torpedo from hundreds of miles away.... shouldn't that affect you more?
Cmdr Ji Qi Ren is offline   Reply With Quote