View Single Post
Old August 28 2012, 05:31 AM   #777
GuinansDaughter
Cadet

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Hello, GuinansDaughter here. I'm 27 and a freelance writer from southern California. When I was a kid my father would watch TNG every week...I hated it because it usually interrupted some cartoon I wanted to see. But now that I'm older I've blossomed into a sci fi/fantasy nerd with a very deep appreciation for TNG and all its amazing storytelling. I watched every single episode on Netflix and became enthralled. It's when I started listening to the Enterprise D ambient engine noise on youtube that I realized I needed to seek others out like me. So here I am.

I can't say enough about captain Picard...I have so much respect for him that I wish he were real just so I could wait on him hand and foot. Data is so funny and insightful when it comes to the human condition. Worf has a special place in my heart as he constantly battled with his identity as both klingon and a federation officer. I've also struggled with my own identity as an African American, since I don't act "typical" (whatever that is). People have often thought me strange for not conforming, but I've always just been myself. I think we've all struggled with identity at one point and Worf embodies that struggle.

And of course Guinan, she is the wise mommy I wish I could have. I've always been intuitive and a bit matronly just like her. She has a beautiful spirit that I can relate to.

I could go on and on but I guess that is enough for now. I'm very glad to be here.
GuinansDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote