View Single Post
Old August 28 2012, 12:20 AM   #328
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Breaking Bad - Season 5

Count Zero wrote: View Post
Todd is a better version of Jesse in the sense that he's eager to learn from Walt and respects him from the start. As for now, he also seems to be more disciplined and ready to do what needs to be done. When Todd said they should talk about money only after he had learned to do the cooking right, Walt seemed to approve of the sentiment. I don't think this bodes well for Jesse.
I had a different read on that scene. It seemed to me that Walt was slightly pissed at Todd because he was so unlike Jesse, the irony being that Todd is exactly the sort of assistant that Walt would have wanted when the show began, but now Walt has changed. I may be wrong.

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Lily of the Valley. Who the hell saw THAT coming? Nobody, that's who. It's not about what happens. It's about how it happens
Actually, the lily of the valley thing was a pretty hot fan theory going into the season finale last year. It's the reason why I've shied away from BB fan sites this year, it was still fun to see my favoured theory for how Brock got sick proven correct, but the season 4 finale lacked that gut punch for me as I was already expecting it.