View Single Post
Old August 27 2012, 03:36 PM   #39
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: My Trek Through Enterprise: Season One

Since it's a discussion thread, I'll pipe in.

Strange New World... seemed very cliche to me, with no real purpose beyond to demonstrate how ignorant Archer can be and how racist Trip is. He sure didn't do his Southern sterotype any favors that's for sure. Couple that with bringing the dog along and I found the episode rather annoying.

Unexpected.. I actively disliked. The premise of the aliens towing along was neat and original, but it went down hill from there. Trip getting pregnant? Technically since she impregnanted him without his knowledge(or consent) he was raped. And they just laugh and/or scorn him? Talk about victim blaming. Though I did lol at the Klingon's "I can see my house!"

Terra Nova... cut from the exact same plot of Strange New World, this episode has very few surprises. Basically Planet of the Apes meets Star Trek, with any interesting acting or plot elements removed.

The Andorian Incident... an episode I liked! This one was interesting on many levels. It introduces us both to the Andorians and Shran! It introduces some interesting political rivalries too. The Evil Vulcan Syndrome is pretty thick in this one, but that can be overlooked this time.