View Single Post
Old August 27 2012, 03:03 PM   #34
CommanderRaytas
Rear Admiral

Re: Locutus and Ben Sisko

R. Star wrote: View Post
Sisko's had a rough past, with a very physical manifestation of what he lost standing right there before him. He hasn't led the comfortable life, is a single dad, and between getting exiled to a junkyard station and having your wife's murderer be the one that's making your child grow up in that cesspool is it any wonder Sisko wasn't happy or less than civil?
I understand this, and I believe this is what they were going for, however it makes Sisko look like a childish idiot. Picard was not himself and had no control whatsoever over his actions in BoBW. Sisko, a direct victim of those events, should care enough to do the research.

It isn't just unfair to poor Picard, but also kind of stupid to be this rude to an officer who outranks you, who is basically a celebrity and who has significant influence within Starfleet.

Sisko does get over it in the end, and I always thought he realised what a dick he was being, and that his anger was generated by his loss and not by Picard. All's well that ends well.
CommanderRaytas is offline   Reply With Quote