View Single Post
Old August 27 2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

Re: Way of The Warrior: Battle with the Klingons

AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post
So I just rewatched Way of the Warrior for the first time in years. Watching the battle scene with the Klingons vs DS9 the station and later the Klingons vs the Starfleet Officers and Bajoran security forces. The Klingons got their asses whipped.

How does one of the fiercest races in the quadrant get smacked around that badly? I mean Worf, Sisko and Dax aside, but Kira getting stabbed in the back and still knocking out a Klingon warrior? Not to mention the Klingons can't seem to hit anything with their disruptors but Bajorans can hit them just fine with phasers.
Just watched it again. There are plenty of Bajoran bodies littering the place.

O'Brien didn't come out unscathed. And apart from those 5 was anyone else left standing in ops?

The station personel had the upper hand - they knew the layout. They'd had a year to get ready for Dominion attacks. The Klingons hadn't fought anyone apart from each other in their civil war for years.

In hindsight, as much as the SFX still wow me today, the space battle bothers me more. Why is it in multiship battles like this, a single torpedo, a single phaser shot sometimes takes down a whole ship? If one to one battles were that easy they'd be over very quickly.

Not to mention if you have 5000 Torpedeos, you might as well target a few dozen against the enemy flagship. Still that would have lastable consquences I suppose.

Besides they don't really aim the torpedos. They just fire in a straight line, its more luck if a target gets in the way!