View Single Post
Old August 27 2012, 01:40 AM   #33
Use of Time
Commodore

Re: Why was Sisko assigned to DS9?

[QUOTE=Spock/Uhura Fan;6865358][QUOTE=Use of Time;6865298]
Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post

Yes, your bad. Kai Opaka called him the Emissary for a reason, and he was looked up to by the Bajoran people as their Emissary for that reason. You did watch the series, I assume.

No, not because "I say so," but because it didn't make any sense, and that's probably why it didn't happen (from Starfleet's POV). Are we to believe that a "CAPT or Admiral" were required just because YOU say so?
No, it isn't my bad because Sisko was "assigned" (key word in the thread title) well before he ever met Opaka if you recall. He wasn't selected for DS9 because he was the Emissary. Yes, I did watch the series. Lay off the snark.

Look, the Federation is an organization of over 150 planets. Bringing one of those planets and their occupants into the Federation would probably be a pretty big deal wouldn't you think? I would think that it would be the group work of a dedicated Ambassador and a major Starfleet presence possibly led by an Admiral to show that Starfleet considers their admission an important issue. I don't think it's crazy to think that an Admiral might get that kind of assignment. Do you?

I'm not saying any of these things because "I say so" but at least I am trying to provide some rational explanations for my thoughts.

You provided this. "An Admiral? No." Not much to work with there is there.

Last edited by Use of Time; August 27 2012 at 01:57 AM.
Use of Time is offline   Reply With Quote